Friday 15 January 2010

Get Well Sybil


My elderly neighbour is unfortunately in hospital following a fall downstairs just after Christmas.  The fall resulted in her breaking her arm in two places and sustaining various other injuries.  I wanted to make a special Get Well Card for her and thought these sweet and sunny papers from the Papermania Spring Time 8x8 paper pack (which I picked up recently for just £1) would bring a little sunshine to her hospital ward. 

I apologise, but I don't know the make of the stamp as I had this stamped image in my stash, sent to me by one of my lovely crafting pals (thanks to Juniejo and Annie, I now know it is a Lili of the Valley stamp - thanks girls!).  I thought he was a happy little chappie and with his huge bouquet, I hope he will bring a smile to Sybil's face when she opens the envelope.  Many hospital wards don't allow patients to have flowers now, so this everlasting bouquet is just the ticket!
I coloured the image with ProMarkers and added a few touches of Spica glitter pen.  I cut out the image and green layer using oval and petite scallop oval nestabilities dies.  I then added a length of yellow lace from my stash, securing it with staples to the bottom of the DP layer.  Finally, I added a yellow Prima flower, colouring the edges of the petals with the Gold PM to darken the colour a little to match the DP and adding a pretty flower printed brad in the centre.  A "Get Well Soon" sentiment stamped inside the card was the finishing touch before I sent the card off to the hospital, I do hope she likes it.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love to welcome you back again tomorrow, when I will have more creations to share with you.  Feedback is always great to receive, leave me a comment if you wish, it makes me so happy to read them all.
hugs
wynneth
x

7 comments:

Junie said...

Awww poor Sybil !!! I hope she gets better soon and she will LOVE her card Wynneth. I can tell you the make of stamp is Lili of the Valley !!! As ever your colouring is just gorgeous !!!

Annie said...

what a beautiful card Wynneth and I love the sunshine yellow colour. the stamp is by lili of the valley and on my wish list .. .. just waiting for the new ones to make my next order then hopefully I'll be adding this one, and some others, as well!
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

beautiful card wynneth, this will cheer her up no end. Have you ever thought of doing tutorials on using pm's? i for one would learn a lot!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a lovely card Wynneth. I've got that Lili of the Valley Stamp....must dig it out and ink it up... Love your fresh, bright colour scheme. I think Sybil will love it. Lauren x

Annie said...

me again! no the sentiments on my gone fishing card are from a little teddy bear set out at Kelly Bray, can't remember the name of it now and it's the first time I've used any of the set, and I've had it 6 months! hugs, annie x

Jayne Hayward said...

I think your neighbour is sure to make a speedy recovery when she receives this card. It is adorable and sure it will be admired by the staff and patients. I bought this stamp from the NEC show last November as it was on release there before it went on sale in the store. If you want any more images let me know.

Jayne xx

Clare Lloyd said...

She will love it!