Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year to You All

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and a big Thank You for visiting my blog today on the first day of 2010!


I am so in love with these Mouserkins stamps from Faerie Song Art Stamps that I just had to make another card using her!  I'm hoping to acquire a few more of these delightful stamps very soon!

For this card I decided to use some 'ice-cream' fresh colours, both in the background papers and the ProMarkers I used to colour her. 

The layout is based on my very own sketch for the Let's Get Stamping challenge over on Craftbubble.com as I was the Guest Designer with their Design Team this week.  My 'reign' ends tomorrow, so I felt I should make one final entry to go out with a 'bang' !! 

The Papers I used for this card are from a 6x6 pad by Papermania, such pretty colours and designs, I know I'll be using more of them in the near future.  I added clear Spica glitter pen all over her wings to give them a magical twinkle and cut out the dotty layer with a petite scallop round nestabilities die.  I punched the left and right sides of the stripey background layer with my EK Success border punch which I call my 'cheese' punch as I think it looks like that holey Emental? cheese!!  Not to waste a thing, I used the largest of the punched out dots from the border punching on the background to place around my Mouserkin image.

Thanks for visiting, I do hope you'll stop by again real soon :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Happy New Year Wynneth!! Very cute card and I love the icecream colours as you say!
Here's to loads more crafting in 2010.X

Kathyk said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family Wynneth.
Fab card, as ALWAYS.
See you in 2010
Kathyk

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, happy new year xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy New Year to you Wynneth. May only good things come your way in 2010. Beautiful card, beautiful image and, as you say, those ice cream colours are just lovely. Lauren x

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! and a Happy New Year! the sun is shining so let's hope we see a little more of it this year! another fabby card with the cute mouse and of course I love the sparkle!
hugs, annie x

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Just stunning Wynneth- you are SO very, very talented!!!