Sunday 24 January 2010

Who Might Live in a House Like This?


Welcome to today's Queen Kat Designs Monday Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here from Lara's blog, but just in case you didn't, here's the link to the QKD blog where it all starts, why not hop over there now and start from the beginning, that way you won't miss any of the inspirational creations from the DT.

This cosy looking room is our inspirational picture to work with for today's projects.  Before I show you my creation, I thought I'd give you a little background as to how my thought processes and design concept developed for this particular project!  I just know that I would love this home, the colour scheme is definitely my 'style' and so restful.  That welcoming fire burning away in the centre pillar makes you just want to curl up in the fireside chair and get 'stuck in' to a really good book.  My own first impression of the scene took my imagination towards a 'real old-fashioned style' family home, one with portraits of family members proudly on display and so - my design concept was born! 

For my project I've used the amazing  'Awaiting the Moment' which was released this month and is available in the QKD Store.  To me, this stamp epitomises the whole 'Family' concept with it's expectant Mom theme.  I also wanted to demonstrate that it isn't necessary to use the whole stamp when designing your work, and that by using parts of a large stamp in a different way it can give a whole new perspective to the original image. 

I used parts of the stamped image to create some 'portraits' of the main characters.  The BPs I used reminded me of  wallpaper and so are perfect for creating the 'room effect' I was aiming for.  I created a frame for each of the 'portraits' with a set of deckle edge nestabilities dies and some mottled moss-effect glossy green card. 


The images were coloured using Copics and ProMarkers, with small touches of Spica glitter pen added.   I took a square 6x6 base card and folded each half of the card in the centre, creating 4 panels or 'walls' on which to hang the portraits. 

I wanted to add home furnishing type embellishments and added cream lace, with antiqued bronze effect large brads to hold the lace on each panel.  These gorgeous brads remind me of lovely antique door knobs and have been sitting in my stash for some time! I attached a few words, stamped using a set of QKD sentiments, which I felt fitted with my 'family home' theme.  I created the flowers from Grungepaper, coloured with Distress Inks and brushed over with stickles. 

Finally, I created the 'Home is where the Heart is' sentiment on my computer, printed it in brown ink on to white card and distressed the edges with brown Memento ink.  I then placed the final frame around it and placed it on the last 'wall'. 

I do hope that you've enjoyed viewing my project today, and that you are enjoying todays blog hop.  I'm now going to send you on your way to Steph's blog to see the amazing project she has created for you to share today.  Don't forget that the rest of the DT have projects to share with you on tomorrow's Tuesday Hop which again starts on the QKD Blog

Not forgetting that the 20% off everything Sale ends on 31 January over in the QKD Store.  It's a great time to build up your stash of stamps, papers, kits, etc while the prices are discounted and if you order between now and 31 January, a free stamp will be added to your order - why not go check out the details in the Store.

I hope you'll join us again next Monday for our weekly Blog Hop - it's the first of the month and we have the February new release stamps to share with you - you won't want to miss them, they're amazing !
hugs
wynneth
x

12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! This is an absolute work of art and I love it Wynneth. The flowers are amazing and I love the lace too. FABULOUS! Lauren x

Annie said...

oh my Wynneth! what a stunning creation you have made! wish I lived in a house like that too!
hugs, annie x

Clare Lloyd said...

another stunning creation wynneth!

2amscrapper said...

I like the way you think! Fantabulous card!

Juliet Diley said...

Wow!!!! I could read your blog alll day...you had me feeling right at home and in that room!!!! And I love the card and Awaiting does bring about thoughts of family! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Anita said...

I love how you cut up the image and used them so beautifully on your card. I also like the different folds. Great job.

Kimme said...

Wow! Great job! Love your interpretation.

Nancyroo said...

what a great idea! I love it.

Lara said...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Love the concept and the final product is amazing!!

Steph Ackerman said...

Definitely stunning! Love how you created this.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is a wonderful creation! I just love, love, love it!!!!!

Penny said...

wow!!! this is incredible