Sunday 17 January 2010

Monday Hop Time

It's hop, hop, hippity-hop time again today folks!! If you didn't arrive here from Lara's blog, then do hop along to the QKD blog to start at the beginning, that way you won't miss any of the DT's inspiring creations they have to present to you today.

For our projects this week, Queen Kat asked us to use the colour combo Red, Black and White. I decided to use the fabulous 'Peace of Mind' mermaid stamp (don't forget that everything in the QKD Store has 20% discount off the price from now til 31 January, so a great time to add this great stamp to your collection!).


Rather than a regular sized and shaped card for my project today, I decided to create a free standing pop-up card for a change. A relatively easy technique to create a memorable card. You can find a tutorial to follow on Split Coast Stampers click here if you'd like to have a go at creating this type of card yourself.  You will have to register with SCS in order to access the tutorials, they are all listed under the resources tab.

I coloured 'Peace of Mind Mermaid' with ProMarkers and Copics and added Spica glitter pen to her wings in red and grey, with touches of clear on various parts of the image. I used plain and petite scallop oval nestabilities dies to cut out the image, the red layer underneath the image and to create a reinforced area at the top of the tag into which I inserted an eyelet using my Cropadile. The ribbons and fibres tied to the top of the tag were from my stash.

The card folds down flat to fit into a C6 envelope for mailing - see the picture on the right which shows the card closed down.

I created the flowers from Grungepaper, coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, with stickles brushed on after the ink has dried.  I have only just started using grungepaper and I have to say I love it and will be experimenting further in the coming days and weeks!  You can just see a grungepaper rose I created placed next to the card in the first picture.  The lacy strip around the base was created with a Martha Stewart border punch and a length of organza ribbon tied around on top

Thank you for joining in the QKD Hop today, I hope you are having fun!  I am now sending you on your way to Steph's blog to see the amazing creation she has to share with you today. Just before I let you go, I'd like to remind you about the awesome sale in the QKD Store. There is 20% off everything in the store, even clearance items (making these an amazing 75% cheaper) Now is a great time to add to your stash at reduced prices, but the sale ends on 31 January, so don't wait too long!

I hope you'll join in again with next Monday's Hop and don't forget, the rest of the DT have their fabulous creations to show you during the Tuesday Hop which starts on the QKD Blog tomorrow.

It's great to get feedback, I'd be so happy if you left me a comment before you continue hopping along today!

hugs
wynneth
x

17 comments:

Junie said...

Dear Wynneth MY EYES NEARLY POPPED OUT MY HEAD (in a good way of course) when I saw this card !!! Quite simply I think this has to be one of the most STUNNING cards I have EVER seen !!! IT IS GORGEOUS !!! It is so elegant and funky !! I LOVE IT !!! you ROCK !!

2amscrapper said...

Love the pop up you made for the hop! I must try this! Your card is stunning!

Kathyk said...

A VERY lovely result it is too Wynneth. Love that colour combo.
Off to re-trace the blog hop
Kathyk

CraftyMomOf3 said...

wynneth!!!! it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fab card!!! the design, the layout, the image you chose AND the cool template that you used!! AWESOME!

xoxoxo

Annie said...

ooo Wynneth! fab creation and I'm looking forward to seeing it this afternoon and finding out how you made it. And seeing that grunge paper stuff too - think you might have to do a tutorial for me!
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

Great blog hop and gorgeous card!
love the red and black together and the freestanding idea is fab! x

Nancyroo said...

really pretty! Love it!

Steph Ackerman said...

OMG that is drop dead gorgeous. I love the colors, but mainly the free standing card is just lovely.

Lara said...

Just beautiful!! I love this project!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Wynneth- you constantly amaze me with your creations. You are so very, very, very talented!!! This is FABULOUS!

Anita said...

So cool, looks wonderful Wynneth.

Unknown said...

Oh Oh Oh OH i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

This one is just B.U.T.FUL!!!!

JoAnn said...

I love the card you made!! I also love the stamp you used. I tried to go to SCS to find the tutorial on the card and there is an error. Can you check this out I would love to find the tutorial on this card.

Penny said...

oh my! this is just incredible!!!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is gorgeous Wynneth, such great colours together. I love your fancy card design and that border punch is simply delicious xx

Clare Lloyd said...

what can i add? but WOW!!

Juliet Diley said...

OHHHHHH!!! I love love love her!