Thursday 28 January 2010

Mother and Child Embrace


I just adore this sweet stamp from Whiff Joy  - 'Willow with Toddler'.  You can just feel the love between this mother and her child in the image.

I coloured the image with Copics and ProMarkers with just a little clear Spica glitter pen added to the flower in her hair.  The BP is a magazine freebie and has really subtle colours in the design.  The flowers and silver coloured brads are from my stash.  I wrapped white organza ribbon a few times around the card tying it in a bow and securing two small silver coloured charms.  The Teddy charm is double sided, so it doesn't matter if it twists around, the heart has the word LOVE embossed on it.

A really simple layout which would work for a new baby card for either a girl or a boy.

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed viewing my creation and that you'll be back again to see more of my work in the future.

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

This is gorgeous Wynneth. You're right about the mother and baby bond. Reminds me of when I first had my daughter.

Ordered my NEC ticket and received my train ticket today - decided to travel 1st class to cheer me up a bit!

Jayne xx

Clare Lloyd said...

what a soft and serene card design. love it! Clare X

Junie said...

Aww Wynneth what a gorgeous card !!!

Annie said...

ooo how pretty Wynneth! an adorable image and beautiful colouring.
hugs, annie x