Sunday 10 January 2010

QKD Monday Hop

Welcome to the Monday Blog Hop, you should have arrived here via Penny's blog but if you came directly here to check my blog today, I would suggest you might like to go to the QKD blog and start from the beginning of the Hop.  You wouldn't want to miss any of the awesome creations from the rest of the DT after all would you?

Sooo... today I am showcasing for you the second new release stamp from the Queen Kat Designs Fantasy series of stamps - 'Hearts on my Sleeves'.  This is available to buy right now in the QKD store.

This gogeous new mermaid would be so great to use on a Valentines card, as I am sure that most of us are already thinking we need to get cards made in time for this love-filled day!

The DT are all working with a sketch again this week and, although I moved some of the elements around a little, it is reasonably close to the sketch layout.  I coloured her with ProMarkers and Copics and added touches of my favourite glitter pens by Spica.  I stamped the image a second time on to shrink paper and coloured again with PM's and Copics and added Spica pen to this too.  Once shrunk, the colours are so much richer and darker.  The background papers are from my stash and I just love these lush limes and peach shades on the patterned squares.  I had these red crystal heart gems in my stash and they are just the perfect finishing touch to use with this image.

Thanks so much for joining in with the Hop today, I hope you've had fun and picked up useful hints, tips and inspiration along the way.  Now I'm sending you off to see what the lovely Steph has created for you.  If you lose your way during the hop, just head back to the QKD blog where there is a list of all the links so you can pick up where you left off!

Don't forget that the amazing "make your own sale" sale is still running in the QKD store where there is 10% of absolutely everything in the store!  Far too good a deal to miss out on and a great opportunity to stock up with all your essentials and get a hold of the stamps you have been wanting to buy and the extra 10% also applies to the reduced items! making it up to 65% off these items.

I hope to see you again next Monday when we have another QKD blog hop, but until then have a really creative crafty time :o)   

Don't forget that the weekly Tuesday Blog Hop will be running tomorrow, it starts at the QKD Blog and you will have the opportunity to see the creations from the rest of the DT using the newly released stamps they are working with during this Tuesday Hop.

I love to receive feedback on my work and would be so excited if you left me a comment on my creation today.
hugs
wynneth
x

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Another gorgeous card Wynneth. Here I go....HOP! Lauren x

2amscrapper said...

The shrink paper idea was brilliant. Love your take on the sketch and the floral paper.

Kathyk said...

Lovely card Wynneth - am off to hop!
Kathyk

Debs M said...

lovely card, beautiful colouring as usual and love the shrink image!

Kimme said...

Very cute. I like your take on the sketch.

Juliet Diley said...

Awesome!!! I love the 'charm' added!

Steph Ackerman said...

She is gorgeous!!!!!

Anita said...

Oooh, she is so pretty Wynneth.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

sooooooo amazing as usual Wynneth!!! I absolutely LOVE the balance in this card!!! it's simply stunning!

Nancyroo said...

very pretty, love the bling!

Lara said...

She is jusy beautiful!! Love her!