Sunday 24 January 2010

Sealed with a Kiss


For today's card I've used  this sweet Sugar Nellie stamp and a colour combo of red and pink. 

I coloured the image with ProMarkers and cut it out with a round nestabilities die and matted this layer on to red card cut with a petite scallop circle die.  I created the lacy heart circle using swirls punched out with an EK Success punch.  I used two swirls for each heart, joining them to create a circle and a further pair for the top left embelishment.  I took some red heart shaped brads, cut the 'legs' off and added them to the top of each loop to emphasise the heart shape.

The BPs are magazine freebie papers and the little sentiment was also part of the freebie.  I cut out a tag with a nestabilities die, fastened the sentiment to the front and attached to the card with a length of red organza ribbon.  Finally I punched out some small flowers from a scrap of the red card and added stickles at the centre of each flower.

The layout is based on the sketch for this week's Let's Get Stamping challenge over on Craftbubble so I can enter it for that challenge.  This week's challenge on Quixotic Paperie asks us to use an 'old' stamp or one which we haven't inked up for some time.  So, this card is perfect for this challenge also - I am always happy if I can make a creation fit into more than one challenge and I think I managed it with this card.

Thanks for dropping by, hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  Don't forget that tomorrow is Queen Kat Designs Blog Hop Monday and I have an exciting project to share with you as part of the Hop.  I do hope you'll come back tomorrow and take part in the Hop this week.

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Stunning card Wynneth. Lauren x

Lisa Jane said...

A beautiful card. I absolutely adore the swirls

Lisa ;)

Annie said...

fabulous Valentine card Wynneth, love all the swirly accents.
hugs, annie x

MarkerGeek said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!