Saturday 16 January 2010

Simply Saying Thank You


I've had this adorable hAnglar & stAnglar stamped image in my stash for some time, thanks to a lovely crafting pal.  I am a bit of a hoarder and do tend to hang on to stamped images I really like, rather than use them up!!

It is always a good idea to keep a few simple 'Thank You' cards in stock, for those times when a handmade card is just the ticket to show your appreciation for a gift or a little help from a friend, colleague, neighbour or family member. 

I used sketch #85 from Friday Sketcher's  for the layout, although I haven't added all the layers shown on the sketch as this sweet and sunny DP from the Papermania 'Spring Life' pad has lots going on.  Also, this is a tiny 4x4 card and would be a little crowded to add more layers I feel. 

The image was coloured using ProMarkers with touches of Spica glitter pen in black on the spots on the jacket and gold on the key plate of the lock.  The sentiment is from a set by The Greetings Farm, which I bought recently from Quixotic Paperie, stamped and cut out with a circular punch.  Finally, I added some faux stitching around the edges with a Sakura pen - which is brown in daylight but appears white/silver on the photograph - and the tiny flowers from my stash.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I hope you will come back tomorrow, when I'll have another creation to share with you.  I love getting feedback on my work and would be so happy if you left me a comment.
hugs
wynneth
x

8 comments:

Junie said...

WOW Wynneth just adore the set out of this card and the colours just go together fantastically !!! LOL I thought I was the only person that hoarded their favourite images and didn't use them and instead of colouring I just look and admire them LOL !!!

Debs M said...

Another gorgeous card and fab colouring wynneth x

Clare Lloyd said...

oh, wynneth that is another gorgeous image and i love the colours too! oh just to let you know my QKD stamps arrived today and guess what i have already been playing!! Clare X

Lauren Hatwell said...

As you say Wynneth; adorable. Makes a beautiful thank you card. I love the sweet little heart and the punchy colours. Really nice. Lauren x

Kathyk said...

I wouldn't want to give him away either!
Super card
Kathyk

Annie said...

awww he is darling! love the colours and your colouring is fab!
hugs, annie x

Steph Ackerman said...

OH I love it!!!

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card! Great colours!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Have a great day, Hugs Tanja