Sunday 26 June 2011

Feathers in the Wing of Time



I'm a bit slow getting my Less is More submission posted for this week - yesterday seemed mega busy, but I didn't seem to achieve much !  Don't you just hate days like that?

Well the day wasn't totally wasted as I did manage to complete my project for this week's challenge #21, which gives us a sketch to follow. 

I also completed a specially comissioned card for a friend who just didn't even try to find an appropriate one in the shops !  That's one of the things I love about handmade cards, they can be made so personal and specific.   I'll share the card with you another day.
Anyway, I digress !  I have a set of Clarity Stamps which I love - large and small feathers and the wonderful verse on the right.  I used the verse stamp to create a background, placing the stamped images so that the words I wanted to highlight are in the areas that are revealed under the circular feather images.  I stamped the large feather twice on some white card, then cut out scalloped circles from the image and dragged a dark brown marker around the edges to define the circles a little.  The 'plaited rope' edgings were created with an EK Success border punch using SU! Early Espresso cardstock.  The feather elements are attached with sticky pads to raise them slightly and the full verse is stamped inside the card.

I don't know why it's happening, but recently my piccies are making the cards look a bit 'wonky', must be the angle I am holding the camera I guess.  Must work on my photographic technique to improve the finished pics.   Until I do, some of the elements are looking as if they aren't fixed on straight, so I hope you'll forgive me !

I do have to say that the finished card didn't turn out as I had envisioned it, and I'm not that sure that I like it, so I may be back with a further submission later !

Thanks for dropping by to check out today's project - hope you've as much warm sunshine wherever you are as I have here in Cornwall today - such a lovely change after the dreadful weather we've had in recent weeks.

21 comments:

Mandi said...

That feather stamp is beautiful Wynneth. Th way you have placed it makes it appear it is one long one
Fabulous and very original
Thank you very much
Div aLIM mandi
Less is More

Kathyk said...

SMASHING - love that feather stamp and the colours you selected to chowcase it

Happy Sunday

Kathyk

Debs M said...

ooh lovely feather stamp Wynneth and that sentiment is fab x

fatmonica said...

Lovely card-what a great stamp!

Loli said...

Hola Winneth, beautiful card, i love your stamp and the colour it's so elegant, good job Winneth.
A hug from Palma

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful card love how you used the Clarity stamps for this gorgeous card. XOXO Zoe

Dana said...

Very lovely card.

Annes Art said...

Wonderful card !!

Chrissie said...

Great card Wynneth that is certainly a beautiful stamp.
Thank you so much!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card Wynneth. What a beautiful sentiment. Lx

Sientje said...

Great card. I like the featherstamp and the way you've used it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever card Wynneth, love how you done the feather, beautiful colours too

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever card Wynneth, love how you done the feather, beautiful colours too

Jo Street said...

It's a lovely card.
Jo x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Wynneth
Gorgeous card ...love the feathers....Fabulous...
hugs
sylvie
xxx

Carol said...

Lovely card, it's a great design. Carol x

Theresa said...

Very lovely. I love the rope punch - very unique. The feather stamps is just lovely.

Susan said...

Wynneth, I love how you broke the feather apart with the circle punch and them put it back "together" again...very cool! My Card

Aileen said...

Love your feather stamp and the words behind as the panel. x

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Wynneth. Love what you`ve done with the feather stamp.
Lynne xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Wynneth this is super. Love those floating feathers and how you mixed in the sentiment.