Wednesday 15 June 2011

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me....

There's a new challenge starting today over on Cute Card Thursday.  This week we're asking you to use your birthstone colours on your cards and our Sponsor for week's prize is Tickled Pink Stamps.

My birthday is in March which has Aquamarine as it's birthstone and my star sign is Pisces which has Amethyst as it's stone, so I've used both these colours on my card.

Now how could anyone resist these adorable little Pirates from Nellie Snellen?  I know I can't !!  I'd just like to say a huge thank you to my pal Annie for allowing me to play with her stamps. 

I coloured these little chaps with my Copics and added touches of Glossy Accents to cutlass and gun.  The background is quite simple, just plain blue with two rectangular mats behind the main characters cut with a deckle edge nestie.  I didn't want it to be busy so that  the gems at the bottom would stand out more.  The pirate scroll in the background is a Magnolia stamp and I 'aged' it with Copics and hand wrote the wording before attaching gems in the appropriate colours. 

I feel sure Jack Sparrow himself would be proud of the fabulous haul of valuable gems this cute pair have collected between them, don't you? 

Thanks for dropping by today, I do hope you'll enter this week's challenge, I can't wait to see your creations.

I'm also entering my card in the Totally Stampalicious Challenge - Anything Goes, thanks to my pal Annie for bringing this challenge to my attention!

13 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and think your pirate and his treasure chest of gems works fabulously - and love your colours too - turquoise and purple - mmmmm

Kathyk

Kathyk said...

sorry ..... aquamarine!

Kathyk

Jayne Hayward said...

This is awesome. Love those pirates and your beautiful colouring. Lovely use of the gems too.

Jayne xx

Cherry said...

Wynneth this is adorable and love those rascally pirate boys. The colours are awesome and love the details you beautifully add. one of the pirates is a Nellie Snellen and the other a LOTV I think. Hugs Cherry XXx

Debs M said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! beautifully coloured, fab colour scheme and i love the list of jewels! x

Dena said...

I had to come see your adorable card!!! Those pirates are so sweet! Gorgeous colors too!
Hugs, Dena

Alexandra Lundgren said...

this is FUN! I love the gems!!!

Deb said...

just beautiful Wynneth, those pirates are the cutest I have ever seen!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Mik said...

Your card is very cute. Gems are a great touch.

Sarah said...

Hi Wynneth, those stamps are absolutely adoreable - do you have the link where they can be purchased from? I love the whole design of this card, and the fun jewels, what a haul! thanks for sharing.
Hugs & best wishes SarahSx

kaz said...

What a Lovely Card, the Characters are so cute.
Crafty Kaz

Arline said...

Great card...love how you have used these colours!x

Annie said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! a fabulous creation Wynneth - oo arr!
hugs, annie x