Sunday 19 June 2011

Just Sooooo.... Big !

Happy Sunday to you, thanks for taking the time to pop in to see today's project.  This week the sketchie challenge on Craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It Group is hosted by Guest DT member my pal Kathy.  She's given us a great sketch to work with and the added twist is 'Masculine & Monochrome'.

For my card I used a kraft C6 base card, stamped this adorable little chap from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, then quickly used a waterbrush to drag in some of the colour from the outline before it dried.  I added extra touches of DI with the brush for the deepest shadows.  This is a technique I love to use as it gives you a vintagey sepia effect.

SU! cardstock in Early Espresso and Close to Cocoa to layer up the image and for the punched strip on which I used an EK Success border punch.  The sentiment is from a set by LOTV and I sacrificed a number of lush brown buttons from my stash ! 


The angle of the pic makes the top elements look a bit wonky unfortunately, but they are on straight IRL - honest !!!

That's it for today folks, do drop by again real soon.

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Hi Wynneth,
He's adorable! Love that sepia look! What a cool technique! I tried watercolor once and decided I needed LOTS of practice! LOL Have a great day!

Kathyk said...

It's fabulous and I LOVE (love love) your sepia colouring, which you appear to have PERFECTED matey!

Happy Sunday - hope it's a goodie

Kathyk

Paula (PEP) said...

I love this technique too - I tried doing it after heat setting the ink & that works too, although I'd say there is a bit more definition more definition in the outline that way. I love the colours you've used here & that border is so effective.
Paula (PEP)

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!

Annie said...

a fabulous boy card Wynneth and I love the soft vintage colours and the button collection!
hugs, annie x