Friday 17 June 2011

A 'Touch of Blue' in Pink and Green !

Firstly I'd like to welcome my new Followers - it always gives me a huge buzz when I log on and see new faces on the list.  Thank you so much for choosing to check out my creations, I do appreciate all my Followers so much, it's a pleasure to share what I am doing with you all.

My card today features a lovely new image from Queen Kat Designs, the artist Heidi M Drake has recently joined the Royal Court and we're so pleased to have her join us. 

I do love fairies and this lovely creature is called 'Touch of Blue'.  Well, you know me, if it says 'blue' I'm more likely to choose another colour for my project LOL and today's is no exception !

When I received the image, I was pondering on how to do something different with her.  So I got out my Distress Inks and after stamping the image on to white card, I set about adding DI over the top. 

I wanted to create a sort of marble effect and used the flat edge of some pieces of Cut'n'Dry and rubbed the ink on with horizontal strokes until I was happy with the finish.  I then used Cut'n'Dry fine nibs to add more colour to areas of the image.  There is clear Spica Glitter pen on her wings, but it is always so difficult to capture this on a photograph - IRL it does twinkle very prettily.

I matted the image layer over SU! Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green layers, first using a reverse corner punch on all the layers before attaching.  The bow was created from SU! seam binding and I added some Stickles around the edge of the image layer and on the flowers for added sparkle.

That's it from me for now folks !  thanks for dropping by today.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

A lovely classic image and, as always, beautifully coloured.

Always good to find new followers isn't it?

Kathyk

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card and lovely colouring..

Anne

Annie said...

gorgeous fairy Wynneth and I love the mix of pink and green colours.
hugs, annie x