Sunday 12 June 2011

Pisces - under the sea

Last week I submitted a CAS card for the Less is More Challenge which featured this adorable Pisces image from Queen Kat Designs.  Today's card is a little more ornate than the last one, although I have used similar colours.

For this card I coloured the image with Copics before cutting it out with a Spellbinders die.  Leaving the die in place, I sponged around the edges with Broken China Distress Ink.

Here's a side view to show the step card construction a little clearer.

I added clear gems up the sides to look like bubbles and some turquoise half beads on the front, all from my stash.  The 'seaweed' was created with a Martha Stewart frond punch.

It would be great to hear which of the two cards you prefer, the simple CAS one, or this more detailed one.

3 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

This is gorgeous, love the sidestep style and the image used is lovely. Beautiful colouring and love how you have sponged around the edge.

Jayne xx

Kathyk said...

How clever? I have that "seaweed" punch too! LOVELY card and your little fishes are soooooooooooo cute.

Kathyk

Heidi said...

What a difficult choice, love them both, would have to choose this one tho' cos the bling sort of adds to the image of oceanness. heidi x