Sunday 5 June 2011

Serenity... what many of us wish for

I'm really into the swing of the Clean and Simple style of card at the moment, thanks to the Less is More Challenge.  So, here's my second submission for this week's monochrome challenge. 

I wanted to try something different for this card so I combined 3 separate stamped images into the design with careful placement.  I used Memento Cottage Ivy ink, two stamps from the Insignia Stamps set by Basic Grey and a sentiment from Hero Arts.

After stamping I used a pale green Spica Glitter Pen over the images to give them a subtle shimmer.  Sadly this isn't showing up in the photo but it is a great effect IRL, but you'll have to take my word for it !

I didn't think I had another LIM card in me this week, but sometimes inspiration just hits you and as I was tidying up my desk ready to make another card I came across the Basic Grey set and the rest... as they say.. is history.

19 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's GLORIOUS dahlink!

Kathyk

Diane Louise J said...

Lovely elegant card x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card, such a lovely sentiment and great colour :o) Lisa x

Netty said...

Beautifully designed Card, love it. Annette

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

Chrissie said...

Wynneth, this is truly inspired... a beautiful card, it looks like one image... perfect.
Thanks so much for this fabulous entry.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

Elegant, classy, stunning!
Beryl x

Unknown said...

I think your LIM cards are beautiful and can't wait to see them IRL x

Sue said...

So CAS love it. Sue x

Mandi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Wynneth!
I adore that sentiment and the colour you have used
Wonderful !
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Pauline said...

This is wonderfully simple and delightful, it really does look like one image!

Victoria said...

Just stunning Wynneth. Beautiful CAS card!
Hugs, Victoria ~X~

Jayne A said...

Very elegant.

Jayne
x

Aileen said...

Serenity and so is your card! x

Canonbury creations said...

So effective and striking!
Val x

Sarah said...

just beautiful - the green is perfect.
Sarah at 162

Annie said...

simply elegant!
hugs, annie x

Viv said...

Ooh I love it, simple and elegant too Wynneth :O) Viv xx

Susan said...

Wynneth...this card is PERFECT! Clean...simple...FABULOUS!
My Card is Here