Thursday 23 June 2011

Not Your Average Pet

I had so much fun creating this card as my entry for this week's sunday theme challenge for the Craftbubble Craft Mad & Loving It group.  My pal Kathy is this week's Guest Design Team Member and her theme is "Not your Average Pet"  - what a great theme !

I dug out some of my older Magnolia stamps, coloured the images with a mixture of Copics and Promakers and cut each one out.

The grass was created using some SU! Garden Green cardstock and an icicle border die from Marianne's Designs, which I think makes perfect grass.

I stamped the African Sun image straight on to the base card before colouring it, adding the other elements with Pin Flair glue to give them just a little dimension.  There's Glossy Accents on Tilda's bucket and Edwin's matchette and just a touch on the ellie's eyes to make them shine. 

I'm also entering this card for the All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge #11 - In the good 'ole Summer Time.

I hope this project made you smile as much as it did me while I was creating it.  Thanks for dropping by today, I appreciate it !

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

And boy this is sooo not your average pet!! FAB card Wynneth and thanks for having a go - your colouring is fabulous too

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Deb said...

adorable card, love the elephant and the zoo keepers!
Happy Crafting,
have a great weekend,
Debxx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your card and your title Wynneth! Made me smile! Super Summer scene! So glad you linked up to the All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Ronda Archangelo said...

Cute card and great theme...cracked me up! Congrats on the Top 5 win at ATS also :-)