Thursday 18 November 2010

Christmas Table Accessories

Hi Folks!  I've got a little something different to share with you today.  Today's project is a little gift/favour box and matching napkin ring, just perfect for the Christmas dinner table.

I created a mini pizza-style box using a tutorial found on Split Coast Stampers, cutting a hole in the top of the box with a circle nestie before assembling.  I covered the hole with acetate and added a double layered frame - created with a set of nestie scalloped circle dies - over the top.  I also made another frame with the same dies to cover the acetate join on the inside, it's a nice touch to finish the inside off neatly.

I used a set of Marianne Designs poinsettia dies to create the flower
from white card, layered it up and added a clear droplet gem in the centre.  Fosted Lace Stickles added around the edges of the frame and on the poinsettia gives a subtle sparkle.  This adorable mini Magnolia image was just the perfect size to fit on the top of box and still allow a peek at the sweeties inside.  I coloured Tilda with Copics and added touches of Spica Glitter pen on parts of the image. 

This side view on the right shows the lacy edging which was created with a Magnolia lace edge stamp and cut out.  A length of white satin ribbon and a sparkly brad were the finishing touches.

For the napkin ring I used a piece of white card and wrapped a length of the white satin ribbon over the top.  Over this I attached another mini Tilda image to match the one on the box.

In this last picture, I've shown both the box and napkin ring laid out in a full setting to demonstrate how they would look on the table.

I am also very excited to be able to tell you that this project has been published in the latest issue of the 'Through the Craftroom Door' magazine.  This is a subscription only magazine available electronically and/or in paper format.  I was thrilled when Suzanne and Marti asked me to create this project specially for the magazine, it does feel a little unreal to see my work in print though!

That's it from me today, I do hope you'll drop by again soon, til then - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Wynneth. You ARE clever! What a fantastic idea. Congrats on being published too. You deserve it. Lx

Debs M said...

gorgeous project and well done on being published! x

Kathyk said...

GORGEOUS is just the right word but, since it's already been used, FANTABULOUS will have to do instead. This is well deserving of being in print and well done you - wish I was coming for Christmas now!

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

stunning wynneth and well done on getting it published x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice tfs!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

How gorgeous does that look! I love it Wynneth, it's so pretty :)
Katie x

Annie said...

stunning Wynneth! so crisp and fresh and seasonal!
hugs, annie x