Monday 8 November 2010

Happy Cupcake Hop

It's Tuesday, so once again the Royal Court of Queen Kat Designs Stamps is holding it's weekly blog hop and my project for today is showcased on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog as part of the hop.  If you'd like to join in, just start here and follow the links. 

We're working with a sketch again this week and today I'm spotlighting the second new Whimsical Ink stamp for November. This lovely girl is called 'Happy Cupcake' and what a perfect name for her as she looks as though she is just bubbling with fun and merriment!

I decided to turn the sketch around a little and to create an easel card for my project. I do so love easel cards as they just have so much WOW factor when opened.

I had this fabulous glittery DCWV paper in my stash which was perfect to work with the aqua coloured plain card from which I created the base card. The edges were punched with a Martha Stewart border punch
and I added three of the luscious turquoise half beads which I bought from the QKD Store a while back.  Happy Cupcake was coloured with Copics and Promarkers, with a little Spica Glitter Pen and Glossy Accents added to parts of the image.

Here's a side on view which shows the easel aspects a little more clearly.

That's all from me today folks, so til next time - Happy Crafting!

hugs
wynneth
x

BTW There's something really exciting happening this Wednesday!  Drop by again tomorrow to find out why the Queen Kat Royal Court is buzzing - we'll be revealing a brand new artist.

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super card from you Wynneth, your talent is awesome. I'm pretty sure I recognise that M.S. RTP punch from your recent foray Stateside, don't I?

Kathyk

Annie said...

fabulous card Wynneth, that border punch looks great and I love the colours.
hugs, annie x