Saturday 20 November 2010

Just Cute Bears & Friends Challenge #40 - A Winter Birthday


Happy Sunday morning to you dear Reader, I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend and not getting too tired or stressed with your Christmas preparations.  Don't you think that Christmas has started early this year?  Maybe it's just that I'm not getting myself organised efficiently enough, but I still have lots of cards to get made and presents to buy, there are also quite a few Autumn and Winter birthdays amongst my family and friends. 

This week's challenge on Just Cute Bears and Friends is to create a Winter birthday card, so this was perfectly timed for me to create my DT card for my daughter's birthday next month. 

I thought I'd use some crisp icy colours for this card as it is to be a Winter birthday card and decided to use this adorable 'Thomas and Champagne' stamp from Lili of the Valley, isn't he just the cutest little chap?  I coloured the image with Copics and added Glossy Accents to the glasses of champers and Thomas' cute pink nose.  The fancy corners were diecut from aqua card using a Marianne die set, the image was cut with a nestabilities circle die and added over a layer cut from more of the aqua card using a slightly larger scalloped circle nestie.  The flowers were punched out with two sizes of Nellie's Choice punch & emboss sets and pale blue gems added to the centres.  The sentiment is from the newly released set from Lili of the Valley and I added blue Stickles around the edge of the circular sentiment layer and the image layer.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing today's card and that you will play along with us and submit an entry for the JCB&F Challenge #40 - just follow the link to the challenge blog and upload your entry.  Myself and the rest of the DT love to visit your blogs to see your crafty creations and leave you a comment.

That's all from me today, so 'til I see you next time - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

13 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

So cute! Love the blue and the LOTV image Wynneth. Loving those round sentiments too. Lx

jenny said...

Beautiful card Wynneth :) Love the cute kitty and the icy colours. The fancy corners are gorgeous x

Jenny x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth - love the frosty colours!
Helen x

Kathyk said...

ADORABLE - love your die cut corner embellies

Kathyk

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth! Those papers definitely give an icy feel and I'm loving the fancy corners. Thomas has been beautifully coloured.
Sarah xx :0)

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card tfs!!!

Lorraine A said...

awww ,, this image is just sooo cute and the colours are perfect ,, am sure your daughter will love this :-)


luv
Lols x x x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card again this week Wynneth....such a cute image and lovely delicate colour scheme...

Hope you have a good week
Take care
San x

Anita said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those colors.

Ali Watson said...

Simply adorable Wynneth, love it. hugs Ali x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Wynneth. lOve that image (just needs a hic adding to it doesn't it!!!!) and fab details.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! I love how you made your Thomas card in soft winter blues! and those corners and flowers are fabulous finishing touches.
hugs, annie x

Kat said...

Hi Wynneth, gorgeous card. Love that sweet image and really loving blue Christmas cards just now.

Kat xx