Saturday 27 November 2010

Cuddly Buddly - 2nd challenge using free digi papers

Cuddly Buddly have their second challenge up and running this week and they are giving away free digi papers for you to use.  They are quite pretty and as soon as I saw them I just wanted to use them to make this little Christmas tree decoration.  There's also a prize of £20 to spend in their online store for the winner.

I used a set of spellbinders nesties to cut the bauble shapes out using silver card for the base layer and two of the free CB papers in this pastel blue for the other layers.   It's hanging from a mug tree in the picture above as I need to get up into the loft to get at my mini Christmas tree!   It's just a bit too early to put the decorations up in the house I think, even for me - I do like to wait until it's actually December before I start !

I punched a large snowflake from white card using a Martha Stewart punch and added a flower made with a Nellie Snellen punch & emboss set to it before adding it to the front of the bauble.  The ornament is double sided and I added the same embellishments to the other side.  The blue gems are from my stash and I added a loop of white thread as a hanger before gluing both sides together

Thanks for dropping by, if you've left me a comment - thank you so much!  I love to get feedback from visitors, it's always great to find out what someone else thinks of your work.

hugs
wynneth
x

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Another stunner Wynneth. Lovely colours. Lx

Ali Watson said...

Super creation Wynneth, thanks for joining in the Cuddly Buddly challenge. Hugs Ali x

prita said...

This is a gorgeous ornament Wynneth. It's so pretty - Pauline L

Kathyk said...

Smashing - your tree is going to look lovely, WHEN you get it down!

Kathyk

PinksyDoodles said...

This is really beautiful Wynneth. Your tree is going to look wonderful!
Thank you for joining the Cuddly Buddly Challenge this fortnight.
Clare x

Clare Lloyd said...

lovely. x

Katie said...

Superb!! Katie x

Annie said...

these are gorgeous decorations Wynneth and I'm glad you liked Kim's papers! thanks for joining in with our Cuddly Buddly blog challenge.
hugs, annie x

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a great idea, looks stunning xx

Sonia said...

This is just beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us on the cuddly Buddly Challenge.
Hugs Sonia xx

Daniele said...

love your use of the papers thanks for joining us at Cuddly Buddly
hugs