Thursday 4 November 2010

Inkadinkado Christmas!


I've got another Christmas card to share with you today.  I created this one as my entry for the weekly sketchie challenge over on the Craft Mad & Loving Group on Craftbubble. 

The challenge theme this week is actually 'going postal' and there is a sketch to work with.  Well, I followed the sketch (more or less) but was scratching my head trying to find a suitable 'postal' image.  Plus, I really need to get lots more Christmas cards made, sooooo.... I used a play on words for my card.  I used a (lamp) post image!!!  I do hope the DT will forgive me for taking liberties with the theme this week!

I used one of the lovely stamps from a set by Inkadinkado which I bought during my recent trip to Florida.  The stamps sets were such great value as, in Michaels, they were just $12.99 for a set of two sheets of stamps and with my 40% discount voucher, they were practically paying me to take them away!!!

The background paper was in my stash from last year and I matted the image and squares of gold card over some red card (thanks Lauren).  I added Stickles in Green and Stardust to the image and around the edge of the image layer.  The corner poinsettia images are from a Cute Companions set of stamps but I'm not sure which set as the stamp was loose in my box of christmas stamps.  I coloured them with Copics and promarkers before attaching using Pin Flair glue to raise them up a little.

That's all from me for today folks, so til I see you next time - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Thanks for sharing the card Wynneth, those stamp sets were amazing value.

Kathyk

Lia said...

beautiful card wynneth I love the stamp
hugs Lia

Junie said...

Hi Wynneth !!! This is beautiful !! I love the image it is so elegant !!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yes, I agree with Junie, it really is an elegant (and very festive) card. Lovely job Wynneth. Lx

Unknown said...

I love the way you have interpreted the post theme - very creative. Beautiful stamps too.

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! that lamp post stamp is fabulous! and made a great festive card.
enjoy the weekend.
hugs, annie x