Monday 29 November 2010

Happy Hop Day !

Happy Tuesday to you and I hope it's a great one ! It's a busy time of year for most of us so I do appreciate you taking the time to join us for our weekly Queen Kat Design hops.  My DT projects are showcased on the QKD Whimsical Ink Sorority blog, but I also like to share them on my own blog for my Followers.  I do hope you enjoy today's card.

This week I'm giving you an early peek of one of the new QKD stamps being released for December, I know it's still November, but the new month is just a couple of days away, so what the heck!!!  Just don't tell Queen Kat, I might just be in BIG trouble !!So, I've sneaked in this  project using the 'uber cool' Miss Taurus - isn't she a stunner?

There's a sketch for us this week and I've twisted it half a turn clockwise and replaced the ribbon and bow with a strip of punched lace and a layered up flower.

I felt this new girl just called out for woodland/organic shades and I had this lovely card in two shades of green in my stash and I used a sheet of pale golden cream pearl as my base card.

I coloured the image with Copics and added loads of Spica Glitter pen all over her wings, horns and the flowers - it's just soooo... difficult to photograph shimmery images to catch the sparkle, but you may just be able to see a little of it if you look carefully. In reality it is very shimmery !

I used a Martha Stewart deep border punch to create a strip of pretty floral lace and added some faux pearls in the centres of the flowers with a Waco Pearl pen. The ornate corner was cut using a Marianne Designs die and I also added Spica Glitter pen to the swirls on the corner. The flower was created by layering up die cuts, with Platinum Stickles in the centre. I also added the same Stickles around the edges of each layer - I love the Platinum as it gives a very much more subtle effect than gold.

That's all from me today folks, so til next time - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful card wynneth, I love the colors
hugs Lia

Kathyk said...

Smashing card and loving that punch!

Kathyk

Kathleen said...

Hi Wynneth gorgeous card, love the image and the soft muted colour combination.
Kathleen x

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is sooooooo pretty Wynneth. Loving the muted colours. Just works perfectly. Lx

Annie said...

she is gorgeous Wynneth, and I love that flower border punch - lots! yes I got your email, but I am tearing my hair out with 'stuff' at the moment - will catch up with you, hopefully, very soon.
hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

She's beautiful and looks so delicate with the lovely soft shades you've used.