Tuesday 16 November 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #41 - Snowmen


The theme for Challenge #41 over on the I ♥ Promarkers blog is 'Snowmen' and the prize this week is $15 to spend with our sponsor Simon Says Stamp.

I'm sure that, like me, you are all beavering away getting your Christmas cards made and this week's challenge fits right in, so if you create an entry you will have one more christmas card in your stock!

For my DT card I used a free digi download image from ingerhardingdesign.blogspot.com which I downloaded ages ago.  I'm lucky enough to have had a Spellbinders Grand Calibur diecutting machine bought for me for Christmas (thanks Dad!) and I just had to check that it worked OK didn't I? Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  I have two sets of the large dies which work in the Calibur and used one of them for this card, cutting each of the sizes from different coloured card. 

I coloured the image with Promarkers and added a little Stardust Stickles to the snowman's hat band.  The sentiment is from the new Christmas sentiments sheet by Lili of the Valley and the large snowflake cut using my new Martha Stewart punch acquired at the NEC craft show last weekend.  Over the snowflake I added flowers cut with two sizes of Nellie Snellen punch & emboss sets, layered up.  The image was cut out with a plain oval nestie and layered on to red card cut with a scalloped oval nestie and another of the layered flowers added bottom left.

I do hope you'll enter this week, myself and the rest of the Design Team love visiting your blogs to check out your creations.

Til next time - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful! Beautiful shape; beautiful colours and beautiful colouring too. I can see you've been playing with your new toy and I am most impressed.... Lx

Lia said...

such a sweet and amazing card wynneth I love the cute snowman and sweet papers too
hugs Lia

Annie said...

you have a wonderful Dad Wynneth! and so good that your pressie works ok and helped you create this gorgeous card!
hope you are in one piece this morning after the storm last night - my bedroom window blew open and the lock is now broken .. .. anything else going to bust?!
hugs, annie x

Jacki Daniels said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth and that snow man is really cute love the colours too
Jacki xx

Kathyk said...

FAB - deeply envious of your new toy too and loving the LOTV sentiment.

Kathyk