Tuesday 9 November 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #40 - Icy Colours

It's Wednesday again and time for a new challenge over on the I ♥ Promarkers blog.  This week we are working with 'Icy Colours' as our theme.  Once again, ideal if you are (like me!) still trying to get your christmas cards made.  Our prize sponsor this week is Letraset - how fabulous is that!  So what are you waiting for, get those icy coloured Promarkers out and let's see your creations.  Just add a direct link to your new project on the blog so that the DT can visit and leave you some lurve!

For my DT card I chose this elegant stamp by Penny Black (courtesy of my crafting buddy Kathy - thanks so much for letting me use your stamp Sweetie!) I just love her!  I kept my card very simple with just a couple of plain rectangular layers and some subtle patterned background papers from Graphicus in shades of aqua and pale green.  The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added Waterfall Stickles to the trims on her hat and dress and a little on the flowers in her bouquet.  The white flowers were created using a 'punch and emboss' set by Nellie Snellen and I added tiny pale blue pearls in the centre of each.  Fronds were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and I added a little of the Stickles to each of them.  I also added Stickles around the edges of each layer to give added sparkle. 

I do hope you get the chance to join in with the challenge this week and I look forward to seeing your take on this week's theme. 

Til next time - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x


3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovin those icey colours Wynneth. That PB stamp is gorgeous isn't it. Lx

Kathyk said...

She is a fab stamp and I love her too Wynneth and I love what you've done with her too.

Kathyk

Annie said...

oo this one is good! love the cute miss and want to play with her when you get back home!
hugs, annie x