Thursday 11 November 2010

From our Home to Yours


As some of my crafting pals already know, my Dad was taken ill last weekend and I have been staying with him to care for him since then.  This has meant that I've been parted from my stash and have had to resort to raiding Dad's crafting stash plus using many of the lovely things I bought at the NEC last saturday.

I thought I'd better try and get on with adding to my stock of Christmas cards so today's card image is one of the adorable Lili of the Valley Christmas stamps which I cut out using one of the new nestabilities I got at the NEC.  I inked around the edges with Broken Glass Distress Ink whilst the die was still in place, which I think worked quite well.

The image was coloured with Promakers and I added Stardust Stickles and touches of Glossy Accents and Spica Glitter pen.  The sentiment is from a sheet of Christmas sentiments stamps launched by LOTV at the Show.  They had almost sold out their stock in the first day and I managed to get the last one as their stand was the first one I went to when I arrived on saturday morning.  The papers are a digi download from Cuddly Buddly and the large Snowflake was made with the Martha Stewart punch I bought on saturday.

 
Here's piccies of my new NEC stash for all you stash hounds!  Quite a meagre haul I think, although this might be due to the fact I wasn't there long!  The Spellbinders Grand Calibur is my Christmas pressie from Dad.  I know I love to see what everyone has bought, so thought I'd share these piccies with you :O) 

I'm hoping that my 'nursing' duties will permit me to find some crafting time and that I'll have more projects to share with you over the next few days.  Hopefully, normal service will be resumed once I'm home again and reunited with my own stamps and stash.

Till next time - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

8 comments:

Junie said...

Hi Wynneth !!! Awwww your poor Dad I truly hope he is on the mend really really soon !! On the bright side at least your Dad had some crafting goodies so you do not need to go cold turkey !!! Take care of yourself !!! LOADS OF HUGS

Debs M said...

lovely stash, hope he is speeding his way to a quick recovery x

Lia said...

stunning card wynneth and I love your new gooedies, enjoy it
hugs Lia

Anita said...

Beautiful card. Love the sponging around the diecut...looks fantastic!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth. I love the colours. Lx

Kathyk said...

Fab stash, gorgeous card and sooooo very pleased to hear dad making progress.

Take care

Kathyk

Annie said...

There are no bottles of Stardust Stickles to be had this side of the Tamar! so if you find some before you head home, stock up! love your cute couple on this card and the bobbly edging you chalked - looks fab!
hugs, annie x

Jayne Hayward said...

So sorry to hear to hear your dad hasnt been too well - he looked really well at the NEC. Hope he gets better real soon and send him my best wishes.

I'm still really jealous of your Christmas pressie - dont think Santa will be bringing me anything that elaborate this year!

Jayne xx