Wednesday 10 November 2010

Whoooo! Hoooo!!! Beautiful Dancer has arrived !

I know I've already posted one project up here today, but I just couldn't wait to tell you about a brand new range of stamps which is being launched today by Queen Kat Designs.  The fabulous artist Amy Brown has joined the company and is designing a range of exclusive stamps for QKD.  The Royal Court is buzzing with excitement and some of use are lucky enough to have had the first release of these beauties to design with for today's extra special blog hop.  If you didn't arrive here after seeing Vicki's awesome creation, then go right back to the start and follow the links, we really don't want you to miss out on any of the projects we've created to celebrate the launch of this new range.  As you hop along, please do leave us comments telling us what you think of this beautiful new stamp, leave a link to your own blog when you comment, we love to visit new places to see what you are all creating.  There are no strangers in the crafting world, just friends we have not yet met.

Sooooo.... without further delay.... drum roll please .....................! 


I'd like you to meet 'Beautiful Dancer' - isn't she fabulous?  She's available in the QKD Store from today, don't delay, hop over there right away and get her into your Cart, I just know she's going to fly out the door as soon as today's hop goes live and you'd just hate to miss out wouldn't you?

I created my card using aqua base card in a gate fold layout.  I punched the edges of the 'doors' with the Martha Stewart deep edge trellis.





Here's a view of the closed card so you can see how I decorated the front.  Don't you just love how she's peeking through the trellis inviting you to come inside? 


I used a sheet of the yummy Pocketful of Posies paper from DCWV to add a background layer inside and panels on the front.  The flowers were punched out using my Nellie Snellen floral punch & emboss set from white and aqua card.  I layered them up and added clear gems in the centres before attaching them to the card.


This is a close up of the inside panel so you can see Beautiful Dancer much more clearly.  I coloured her with Copics and added Spica Glitter pen on her hair, wings and bodice before cutting her out with an oval nestie die.  This was then layered over a scalloped oval in aqua card cut with another nestie die.  I added Broken China Distress Ink around the outside of the oval, applied Stickles round the edge then added two more of the flowers on the edge of the image layer.

I created the sentiment on my PC using my own words which I felt were so fitting for this beautiful image.

I do hope you've enjoyed seeing my creation today and I now need to send you hopping on your way to see the amazing project Shannon has created for you using another of these beautiful stamps.
Happy Crafting !

hugs
wynneth
x

17 comments:

qkdbloggers said...

beautiful card!! I love how you did this!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Now that is just beautiful Wynneth, I love the way you used the punch........great idea!
I have to say that new stamp is adorable :)
Katie x

Debs M said...

she is gorgeous and wow what a fantastic card, love the trellis! x

Annie said...

she is gorgeous Wynneth and your card is stunning! I love the aqua blues, the trellis is inspired and those flowers so pretty.
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

SUPER card and a smashing new image - love the creative use of the punch!

Kathyk

Lelia Pierce said...

This is stunning, Wynneth! One of my favorite AB images too! Wonderful sentiment!

XXX

Valerie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! This has to be one of my favorite images!

Maigan Lynn said...

WOW Wynneth! You never cease to amaze me! You blow me away with your designs! Just beautiful!

jan farnworth said...

love your card very creative and perfect way to show off this fantastic fairy.

Nina said...

WOW! Wynneth, that is the most beautiful card I've ever seen! And, yep, that is an awesome technique to use that punch! Way to go, girl! =)

kate blue said...

nice way you did the lattice style closure.

jenny said...

Stunning card Wynneth, I agree the image is gorgeous and I love the punched gatefold effect x

Jenny xx

Marion said...

Hi Wynneth, Stunning card and such a beautiful image. Love the style of your card.
hugs Marion

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh isn't she beautiful. What a lovely card too Wynneth. I love the way you've used that punch and your sentiment is just lovely. Lx

Brandi said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Wynneth ~ I am so excited! I adore Amy Brown and have been collecting her prints for years! This is fabulous news! :)

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful!!! I love that she peeks thru the lattice.

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous job you did on this, Wynneth! I need to get in here more often, I love your work!! Vicki is beyond lucky to have snagged you for her DT!