Monday 22 November 2010

Hopping with Happy Cupcake


As it's tuesday, there's a blog hop going on with Queen Kat Designs.  My DT project is showcased today over on the Whimisical Ink Sorority Blog as part of the Hop but I also like to share my projects on here for my regular readers.  If you'd like to do the Hop just start here and follow the links.

We have a lovely picture  to inspire us this week, lots of gorgeous Autumnal colours and these were the inspiration I took for my project.

I decided to use the lovely Happy Cupcake November release stamp, she's such a darling girl with her sweet and happy smile and, with all the foliage in the background, just perfect for this challenge.

Rather than a card this week, I opted to create a triangular gift box, this size would hold quite a few candies or a small gift such as a piece of jewellery, a silk scarf or maybe a few tealights. There is a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers for the box and they really are very simple to make - believe me!  It was my great crafting pal Lauren who reminded me of these lovely boxes recently - thanks Sweetie! I began by cutting a sheet of craft card to size before stamping a lovely branch and a leaf using brown ink, to create patterned base card from which to construct the box.

I coloured the Happy Cupcake image with Copics, adding touches of Spica Glitter pen and Glossy Accents. Using a plain circle and a scalloped circle nestabilities dies I cut out the image and the layer underneath the image. The flowers were made using a Nellie Snellen Punch & Emboss set (I'm so loving this new 'toy' of mine!) punched from pearl card and adding some punched leaves coloured with a green Copic pen.  This side view shows in more detail how the box is contructed. The green and brown ribbons which hold the box together were from my stash and I added small gold half beads to the centres of the flowers.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project so til I see you next time - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh this is soooo pretty. What a beautiful gift box Wynneth. Lx

Kathyk said...

I thought I recognised the design because I pinched Lauren's idea too! Beautifully decorated Wynneth

Kathyk

Annie said...

a fabulous box Wynneth and love the soft tones you used, and those pretty flowers and leaves too!
hugs, annie x