Saturday 6 November 2010

Just Cute Bears & Friends Challenge #39 - Black & White theme


It's time for a new challenge over on the Just Cute Bears & Friends blog.  Challenge #39 is to use Black and White with one other colour on your projects. 

For my DT card I selected this adorable oriental kitty image from Queen Kat Designs, she's called Tanuki Chan by the artist Che Gilson and I just love her! 

I coloured the image with Promarkers in shades of grey with touches of Red, as my additional colour, before cutting out with a large scallop rectangle nestie.  I added Black Soot Distress Ink to the image layer while the die was still in place to give it a white frame.  The Black & White background paper is from my stash and I cut the black circle layer using a nestabilities Beaded Circle die set.  The butterfly border at the bottom was punched with a Martha Stewart punch with Stardust Stickles added to give it some sparkle.  I added Glamour Dust over Glossy Accents on her fur collar and plain Glossy Accents on her lantern.  The red flowers were punched with a 'punch & emboss' set by Nellie Snellen and the red gems are from my stash.

I do hope you'll play along with us on this challenge and I'm looking forward to hopping over to check out your Cute Bears & Friends projects.

hugs
wynneth
x

15 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh yes, very cute Wynneth. I like... Love the sophisticated colouring. A beautiful card. Lx

Kathyk said...

Lauren beat me to it . . . DITTO!

Hope you had a great day at the NEC

Kathyk

Junie said...

WOW Wynneth this card totally rocks !!! It is STUNNING !!! I love those colours together !! So elegant !! I truly hope you had a great day at NEC

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Gwineth - love the butterfly border along the bottom!
Helen x

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth, love that image! Great layout too!
Kelly.x

Sarah said...

This is so cute Wynneth, how fab is that image?!
Sarah xx :0)

Unknown said...

Stunning - such a great colour combo. I soo love that image you've stamped - so tempting!

Hope you had a lovely time at the NEC and celebrating your dad's birthday.

Ali Watson said...

This is fab, love it. Have a lovely evening. Hugs Ali x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

As always, fab colours! I love how you coloured the image too. Aren't those dies just fab!
Katie x

Kat said...

Great image Wynneth and I love how you've coloured it. Hope you didn't spend too much at the NEC!

Kat xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful card again this week Wynneth...love that image,haven't seen it before....

Hope you have a lovely week
Take care
San x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth :-) the Oriental theme is fab ,, i love this :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cathy said...

Cute card Wynneth and a fab image.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Annie said...

she's just fab Wynneth! and beautifully coloured.
hugs, annie x

Anita said...

Gorgeous card. I love the Oriental theme.