Tuesday 30 November 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #43 - Christmas Trees

Welcome to Wednesday and another new challenge over on the I ♥ Promarkers blog for this week.  The theme for Challenge #43 is Christmas Trees and our prize is a £10 gift voucher from Joanna Sheen

Now, I know you may be wondering why I used this image for my DT card - it's not an obvious choice for a Christmas Tree theme, but I really wanted to demonstrate a different/alternative way to approach a theme. 

It's tempting to take a theme or a sketch quite literally and there's nothing wrong with that at all!  Just sometimes it's good to stretch yourself a little and use your imagination to find an alternative approach.

I sooo.... love this Penny Black image and she is after all carrying a Christmas Tree shaped cake on the plate.  I also think her dress looks very tree-like, don't you?  I did also use the "Oh Christmas Tree" sentiment from Lili of the Valley to tie in to the theme.  So, do you think I succeeded in my approach?  I'd love to hear what you think.

The lovely background paper is from the 'A Silent Night' pack by Papermania, many of the sheets have some metallic elements and all are very elegant which was perfect for this PB image. The image was coloured, of course, with Promarkers with touches of Spica Glitter pen added and Platinum Stickles applied around the edge of the image layer.  The organza ribbon and red gems were in my stash and I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder before cutting it out with a plain circle nestie.

I do hope that you'll submit an entry for the challenge this week, I can't wait to pop by your blogs to see your projects.  Good Luck !
hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Well she IS gorgeous! Fab card from Wynneth and I'm loving the theme of Christmas trees this week.

Kathyk

Annie said...

just fab-u-lous! love this card Wynneth, wouldn't mind if it dropped on my doormat!
hugs, annie x
PS - Caz got your email so ok for CCT - we haven't been given the sketch yet though .. ..

Unknown said...

It's a great interpretation of the challenge theme - super card.

Kathyk said...

Left you a little something on my bloglet Wynneth

Kathyk