Friday 12 November 2010

Who would live in a house like this?


Today's card is a little 4 x 4 I made as my entry for this week's weekly themed challenge over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group. 

The theme for this challenge is 'Gingerbread' and as I'm still away from home, I had to rummage around in my Dad's stash of stamps to find something appropriate.  Luckily I found a lovely set of Christmas and Winter stamps from Papermania.

This gingerbread house and gingerbread men were just perfect for my little card and in fact would just be lost on a larger card. 

I used some lovely moss green cardstock to create the base card and layered a square of red on top.  The white stamped layer was cut using a nestabilities die and the image was coloured with Promarkers.  I added Stickles for the snow and the little candy cane (also from the same set of stamps) had Glossy Accents added to make it nice and shiny and almost good enough to eat!

I hope you've enjoyed today's offering, do come back soon, I love to have you visit - til then Happy Crafting!

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Oh yes, I'd live in a house like that but would probably want to eat my way out!!! Smashing and you away from home too!

Kathyk

Debs M said...

gorgeous, you wouldn't know you were away from your stash x

Annie said...

your card is just adorable Wynneth - you know I like the little cutie ones! and that edging is really interesting .. .. you will have to show me when you get home!
hugs to you and your Dad.
annie x

Anonymous said...

It's just adorable and perfect! You gave it just the right amount of "brrrr" and added lots of cute with those gingerfolks!