Tuesday 2 November 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #39 - Snowflakes

Another Wednesday means a new challenge over on the I ♥ Promarkers blog and the theme this week is very topical as we want to see your projects including Snowflakes.  I am sure you're all like me and busy making Christmas Cards at this time of year, so hopefully this challenge will fit right in and help you to increase your stock of cards made.  Our prize sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen - who wouldn't love a £10 gift voucher to spend in her store?

I wanted to keep my DT card for this challenge 'clean' and 'crisp' so used only two colours.  I love the shiny dark red against the white and this lovely Santa was one of the stamps from the sets by Inkadinkado which I 'acquired' during my recent trip to Florida !  I think he has a lovely jolly face and you can't help but smile when you look at him.  He was coloured with Promarkers and I added Glamour Dust over Glossy Accents on his hat and some Stardust Stickles on his hair and beard.

The scalloped circle was cut with a nestie then embossed with a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I cut out the small red poinsettias with a 'punch and emboss' set by Nellie Snellen and punched out the snowflakes from the same shiny red card as the scalloped circle before adding a clear gem to the centre of each.  The white background layer was embossed in my Cuttlebug using a template by The Crafters Workshop.  It's plastic and is ideal to use as a mask for painting or spritzing, but with the correct 'sandwich' in my 'bug it works really well for embossing. 

It's now over to you, so get those snowflakes fluttering down on to the I ♥ Promarkers blog, I can't wait to see your creations. 

Til I see you again - Happy Crafting !
hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh I do love this Wynneth. The Red and White colourscheme is spot on and I love the idea of putting the flowers and snowflakes together. They look really great. Love that Santa stamp. Lovely cheery, traditional Santa; just how he should be... Lx

Kathyk said...

I do LOVE that Santa image, Wynneth, and your card is just lovely.

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous - can't beat a happy looking Santa image.

Anita said...

Lovely Santa image, Wynneth! The white and red are so pretty together and love how you did your snowflakes.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Excellent purchase Wynneth and you've put that jolly soul to such good use! I love the traditional red and how you embellished. Beautiful!
I hope you had a brill time in Florida xx

Annie said...

I love this one Wynneth! what a great way of layering that snowflake punch with the poinsettias - I will have to try that! and your Santa is fabulous - will have to get him inky .. ..!
hugs, annie x